Daily Business Review, Miami-Dade Law Writer - FL
Location: Miami Florida
The Daily Business Review® is seeking an aggressive and experienced reporter to cover one of the busiest and most pivotal beats at the Daily Business Review. This position includes coverage of Florida’s 11th Judicial Circuit, which encompasses Miami-Dade County, FL., as well as the state’s Third District Court of Appeal, which is also based in Miami. The writer is expected to write frequently for the DBR’s daily print editions, for DailyBusinessReview.com and communicate to our readers through multimedia channels including social media, video and the Web.
The Daily Business Review® is a multi-media publisher serving the law, real estate and finance communities in southeast Florida and offering marketing opportunities in print, digital and events. Since 1926, South Florida's most influential and successful leaders have turned to the Daily Business Review as a primary source for business, legal, financial and real estate news. The paper’s readership of more than 30,000 spans Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward counties and the three editions of the Review serve as the official court newspapers for these jurisdictions.
• Covering selected complex litigation trials, new lawsuits, verdicts and settlements, judicial elections, the state attorney’s office and court administration.
• Developing sources, establishing strong contacts and maintaining good working relationships with members of the local bar associations and judiciary.
• Identifying and acting on story opportunities for print and web.
• Appearing on video to interview newsmakers involved in important cases, lobbying and Florida Bar matters.
• Communicating with readers via social media every day.
• Bachelors degree in journalism, English, political science or a related field of study.
• A minimum of three years of legal and/or business journalism experience.
• Ability to collaborate closely and productively with other staff members.
• Strong writing and social media skills.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements in a word document to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
ALM Media, where information and opportunity meet, is the leading provider of legal business news, information and products. With a top-rated portfolio that includes The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, Law Technology News, Law.com, Law Journal Press, The National Law Journal, Smart Litigator and ALM Legal Intelligence, ALM offers unmatched access to key audiences in the legal community—from managing partners, litigators and in-house counsel to C-level decision-makers, technology decision-makers and practitioners in many sub-specialties. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1998. For more information, visit ALM.com and LAW.com.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/almjobs