Daily Business Review, Special Reports/Projects Editor - FL
Location: Miami Florida
The Daily Business Review® is seeking a well-organized, team-oriented editor who can work seamlessly with other reporters and editors in the production of more than annual 60 special reports and projects in the fields of law, real estate and banking. As the DBR’s annual editorial calendar is designed to provide professionals with information about the latest trends and developments in their respective fields, it is critical that the candidate have a strong working knowledge of the legal, real estate and banking areas. The editor should also have experience in multimedia presentations and show an ability to identify opportunities to create content for the web, using its interactive capability and near unlimited space capacity. The editor should also show an ability to work with outside column contributors and be prepared to develop initiatives that help drive traffic to DailyBusinessReview.com and extend reader visitations to the website.
The Daily Business Review® is a multi-media publisher serving the law, real estate and finance communities in southeast Florida and offering marketing opportunities in print, digital and events. Since 1926, South Florida's most influential and successful leaders have turned to the Daily Business Review as a primary source for business, legal, financial and real estate news. The papers’ readership of more than 30,000 spans Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward counties and the three editions of the Review serve as the official court newspapers for these jurisdictions.
• Providing oversight and management of the Daily Business Reviews’ Annual Most Effective Lawyers and Top Dealmakers of the Year recognition programs.
• Ensuring timely delivery of special reports that appear on the Daily Business Reviews’ Annual Editorial Calendar.
• Supervising Daily Business Review Research Director in production of annual surveys including Diversity in Law, Review 100, Managing Partners, New Partners, Lawyer Compensation, Corporate Counsel Compensation, three Leasing Guides and two Community Banks sections.
• Bachelors degree in journalism, English, political science or a related field of study.
• Minimum of three to five years of legal and/or business journalism experience, principally in editing and project management.
• Ability to collaborate closely and productively with other staff members.
• Strong writing, editing and social media skills.
• Experience with meeting multiple deadlines.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements in a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
ALM Media, where information and opportunity meet, is the leading provider of legal business news, information and products. With a top-rated portfolio that includes The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, Law Technology News, Law.com, Law Journal Press, The National Law Journal, Smart Litigator and ALM Legal Intelligence, ALM offers unmatched access to key audiences in the legal community—from managing partners, litigators and in-house counsel to C-level decision-makers, technology decision-makers and practitioners in many sub-specialties. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1998. For more information, visit ALM.com and LAW.com.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/almjobs