Daily Business Review, Website Editor - FL
Location: Miami Florida
The Daily Business Review is seeking a Website Editor who is a detail oriented journalist with strong news judgment to work with other editors and reporters to create multimedia content for DailyBusinessReview.com. The person must have a strong knowledge of the legal system, real estate and financial markets of South Florida. We prefer a person with a strong background in reporting, experience with audio and video editing, HTML and social media. The candidate should be prepared to develop initiatives that help drive traffic to DailyBusinessReview.com, extend reader visitations to the website and trigger interactivity between readers and the DBR’s content producers.
The Daily Business Review® is a multi-media publisher serving the law, real estate and finance communities in southeast Florida and offering marketing opportunities in print, digital and events. Since 1926, South Florida's most influential and successful leaders have turned to the Daily Business Review as a primary source for business, legal, financial and real estate news. The papers’ readership of more than 30,000 spans Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward Counties and the three editions of the Review serve as the official court newspapers for these jurisdictions.
• Evaluating opportunities to create content for the web, using its interactive capability and near unlimited space capacity.
• Shaping audience development strategies.
• Measuring and analyzing website traffic.
• Expanding the Daily Business Review’s social media scheme.
• Assisting in development of blogs and email newsletters.
• Supervising the web administrator in updating Daily Business Review websites to highlight breaking news and discussions with the public.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, political science or a related field of study.
• A minimum of three years of legal and/or business journalism experience.
• Ability to collaborate closely and productively with other staff members.
• Strong writing, social media and video editing skills.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements in a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
ALM Media, where information and opportunity meet, is the leading provider of legal business news, information and products. With a top-rated portfolio that includes The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, Law Technology News, Law.com, Law Journal Press, The National Law Journal, Smart Litigator and ALM Legal Intelligence, ALM offers unmatched access to key audiences in the legal community—from managing partners, litigators and in-house counsel to C-level decision-makers, technology decision-makers and practitioners in many sub-specialties. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1998. For more information, visit ALM.com and LAW.com.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/almjobs