This job is no longer available
Location: New York & Boston
About Our Company
CFO Publishing is an award-winning media business that reaches over 400,000 corporate executives in the United States.
It all starts with an audience of engaged decision makers who turn to CFO for information, insight, and advice. Across an array of industries, senior finance executives trust CFO Publishing to provide tools in print, online, and through conferences and research that help them lead their companies and ultimately be successful in a changing marketplace.
CFO Publishing seeks an experienced, energetic, and digitally literate business journalist to cover the risk and compliance beat for the company’s Website. Responsibilities include conceiving, reporting, and writing a range of stories (news, news analysis, and features) relevant to senior financial executives of both global and small/midsized businesses. Online experience is essential, as is the ability to meet daily deadlines. The successful candidate will also recruit and edit guest columnists, blog, manage an e-newsletter, and develop related forms of digital content. Experience in using a content management system is a plus, as is experience in moderating panels and Webcasts, conducting video interviews, and comfort with the full spectrum of social media.
We’re looking for a self-motivated journalist experienced in covering corporate risk management, commercial insurance, and regulatory compliance who can dig deep into the subject and tailor it to an audience of senior financial executives. Excellent writing, reporting, and editing skills and good editorial judgment are essential.
• Oversee coverage of an essential beat.
• Write Web news stories, analytical pieces, features, and blogs.
• Identify and recruit guest columnists who can bring expertise to various facets of the beat.
• Maintain a robust beat landing page on cfo.com that is refreshed daily; offer a compelling mix of useful and relevant articles; and develop and publish other forms of content, such as surveys, charts, and video.
• Create and schedule one or more e-newsletters relevant to the beat.
• A minimum of five years experience in business writing/reporting, including substantial coverage of risk management and compliance stories.
• BA degree required.
If you would like to be considered for this challenging position, please submit your letter of interest and wage requirements.
CFO Publishing values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.