This job is no longer available
Location: New York, NY
Tradeweb Markets is a world leader in building and operating electronic over-the-counter marketplaces. Since 1998 the company has helped transform the way that business gets done in the fixed income and derivatives markets. Tradeweb’s position as the hub of electronic trading in fixed income and derivatives business has been made possible through a longstanding partnership with the industry.
Our focus has been to enhance the efficiency and transparency of the markets through the application of technology without significantly disrupting the business models of the world’s major financial institutions. Since 1998, Tradeweb has built a global web-based electronic network of thousands of the largest banks, asset managers, central banks, pension funds and insurance companies to buy and sell government bonds and other fixed income and derivative instruments.
Today, Tradeweb Markets operates three business divisions:
Tradeweb the multi-dealer-to-client business is the largest of the three Tradeweb Markets divisions serving more than 2,000 financial institutions in 23 markets, across 7 currencies in more than 50 countries around the globe.
Dealerweb the inter-dealer division of Tradeweb provides a broad range of voice, electronic, and hybrid platforms to the major global banks. Formed in 2008 following the acquisition of broker Hilliard Farber & Co, Inc, Dealerweb has expanded rapidly, and in 2011 the business acquired the brokerage assets of Rafferty Capital Markets, along with J.J. Kenny Drake.
Tradeweb Retail the retail wealth services business established in 2006. It provides fast, efficient, advanced fixed income trading solutions for financial advisors and the trading desks that support them.
The Marketing and Communications team provides an integrated approach to increasing the profile of Tradeweb and its products. As a global department, it is responsible for coordinating the marketing and promotion of the company’s entire product range and overarching brand across in variety of mediums.
Description of position:
The role is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic communications program for the Tradeweb brand and its products and services. The individual will oversee the media relations program, core message development, content creation, executive speech support and provide communications expertise for government and regulatory affairs. The communications head will have direct hands-on responsibility to personally create and craft editorial pieces and content for the communication program. They will work closely with the Managing Director of Marketing Communications and the other members of the global team to ensure that the output of the role is successfully leveraged across multiple distribution channels ranging from media, marketing, online and event based communications.
• At least seven+ years of experience in corporate communications and/or journalism
• At least three years working in/around capital markets/fixed income trading
• Digital media experience an advantage
Campaign oversight. The successful candidate with be required to manage content-focused campaigns from start-to-finish, coordinating all activities including
• Message development. Working closely with the Marketing and Communications team, he/she will be expected to prepare core message platforms for new campaigns. Working closely with internal clients and executive management, the candidate will ensure the most accurate and potent tailoring of messages;
• News cycle. He/she will co-ordinate with agencies where appropriate, and manage the creation of editorial content such as research reports, bylines and op-eds, and blog posts – as well as marketing materials such as brochures, sell-sheets, and other website copy;
• Project management and planning. He/she will coordinate content-focused activities to ensure relevant activities are taking place in support of a successful program and achieving goals/deadlines;
• Timely creation and execution of campaigns
Message creation and maintenance. The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to develop strong, consistent messages at a corporate and product level and to maintain an up-to-date and easily accessible library of this positioning;
The candidate will also play an integral role in researching and interpreting key industry and market structure (or regulatory) issues in the fixed income and derivatives markets. Activities may include interaction with lobbyists, press and regulatory officials in support of the business.
The candidate will also participate in media and analyst relations activities to help position Tradeweb in line with strategic messaging.
Market/Tradeweb research. The successful candidate will research and write articles, blogs and other content as part of Tradeweb’s mission to expand its thought leadership role in the industry. Example tasks include:
• Support and expansion of a market research program – Tradeweb’s Data Points series of research notes provides media and other influencers with insightful story-starters based around data and information;
• Creation of custom content. As the department develops, there is an increasing need for specialized content. Researching and producing this content will be the role of the successful candidate;
• Digital media. He/she will provide content for electronic media, such as Tradeweb’s websites, LinkedIn and other new media where there is an opportunity to develop Tradeweb’s brand.
• Advanced writing skills, ideally focused in financial services
• Organization and project management
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Pro-active approach