This job is no longer available
LOCATION: Selected universities throughout The United States
The Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism accepts applications year-round from experienced journalists who want to be considered as a visiting professor in the Center’s Visiting Business Journalism Professor Program. All applications must be submitted online through the following URL:
The Visiting Business Journalism Professor’s Program is in its second year and is looking to assign professors to three campuses for the spring semester 2013. Those selected will teach business journalism coursework during a semester in residence at Central Michigan University, Elon University or Louisiana State University.
The program is designed to initiate business journalism courses and curricula at accredited journalism schools across The United States that aspire to have an established presence in the field. Selected universities commit to coursework in business journalism that trains students for careers reporting on business and economic issues.
The program is administered through the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism headquartered at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University, under the direction of Reynolds Center President Andrew Leckey.
Selected visiting professors are asked to:
- Commit full-time to a full semester at a participating university;
- Teach two classes in business journalism during their appointed semester in residence;
- Participate in the Center’s webinars on important financial topics;
- Establish a mentoring relationship with a local business journalist or news outlet in their community;
- Help create at least one media partnership with a media organization through which this visiting professor's business journalism stories may be used;
- Contribute at least one article to the Reynolds Center’s website, BusinessJournalism.org.
Visiting professors will be provided with dedicated office space in the campus' journalism building to which they are assigned and have IT and administrative support. They will become part of the Reynolds Foundation network and receive class outlines, materials, guidance and mentoring support throughout the semester.
More information on this visiting professor program is available here: http://businessjournalism.org/2011/01/13/reynolds-foundation-creates-visiting-business-journalism-prof-program/ PLEASE MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!