This job is no longer available
Our client a leading financial services not for profit organisation is looking for a talented writer with great web editing skills to take responsibility for the accuracy, readability and presentation of content on their company’s website, other internal sites, related e-communications, and also for the deployment of social media platforms. This is a pivotal role within the Communications team that will support the organisation’s efforts to encourage public engagement in its activities, both online and onsite. This role is based in their central offices in London EC4 and the boast an highly professional and collegiate work environment.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
· Creating, updating and managing content on the website and other internal sites using a SharePoint CMS (content management system).
· Drafting, coding in HTML and sending out email alerts to support different audiences and interests.
· Working with the technical directors and project teams to compile and publish the monthly online newsletter.
· Developing the organisation’s e-communication strategy.
· Regularly engaging with subscribers to review their subscription options.
· Ensure the copy is both Engaging and readable – written in a concise style that can be easily digested by a wide audience; you will work with content owners to improve content readability and leverage the use of multi-media content (audio, video, images, etc).
· Conducting annual web user surveys
· Drafting and publishing a public feedback statement.
· Working with the Web Developer to explore and implement ideas for new site functionalities and improved navigation
· Developing project plans, including timelines and key milestones
· Tracking and communicating project expectations and progress to relevant staff.
· Engaging social media and effectively deploying and managing existing platforms to drive traffic and increase interactions, such as keeping followers of their work informed via Twitter
· Exploring the appropriate use of other social media platforms as communication tools to reach a broader audience
· Assisting with troubleshooting and the administration of the internal sites when needed
· Writing and maintaining a comprehensive web editorial style guide
· Maintaining the organisation’s photo library
· Assisting with ad-hoc projects as required, such as proof-reading and liaising with designers and photographers
Qualifications and experience
· Previous experience in a web content editing and management role is essential, preferably obtained from an editorial background.
· Intermediate knowledge of HTML for web and email (including testing across multiple email clients).
· Intermediate knowledge of SharePoint.
· Broad and demonstrable understanding of web processes and CMSs.
· Solid working knowledge of W3C accessibility guidelines, usability best practice and Internet technologies.
Skills and attributes
· Strong English language writing and oral skills are essential.
· Ability to write clearly and succinctly and to condense technical material into understandable and engaging content for a broad audience.
· Ability to edit the content of others and confidence to make recommendations and improvements.
· High level of attention to detail and fastidious grammar.
· Strong project management skills.
· Team player with a positive attitude who can work in a collegial manner and establish positive working relationships.
· Ability to work independently on multiple projects whilst under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.