This job is no longer available
Location: Plano, TX
HousingWire provides in-depth context and insight spanning the people, issues and data that matter to the mortgage and housing industry. HousingWire seeks an editor/reporter to join its dynamic and award-winning newsroom, based in Dallas-Fort Worth. HousingWire has been recognized by its peers, including SABEW, Folio, TABPI, the National Association of Real Estate Editors and others.
- Story editing for the Web; reporting for the Web/magazine; supervision of reporters.
- Ability to cultivate sources and develop original content.
- Competitive attitude with the desire to be first with the industry's big breaking news.
- The ability to spot trends and use breaking Web news as a launching point for in-depth analysis via long-form magazine articles.
- Command of AP style, grammar and spelling.
- Editing skills should include experience working with reporters to develop stories and line-editing experience.
- Ability to handle a high volume of copy and work in a fast-paced environment without getting rattled.
- Strongly prefer candidates with a financial reporting background and experience covering mortgage finance, mortgage origination, mortgage servicing, banking or residential real estate.
- Minimum three years of reporting experience and two years of editing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent degree/experience.
- Past experience working in a business-to-business media environment.
- Generally 8:30-5:30 Monday through Friday, but subject to change as needed. Occasional weekend and evening hours required.
Please send cover letter, resume and six writing samples to Editor Jacob Gaffney at firstname.lastname@example.org MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!