This job is no longer available
Want to join two of the UK’s top business magazines? Retail Week and Drapers are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and ambitious deputy production editor to join our 30-strong team of journalists.
Working across both magazines, you will have excellent subbing skills and possess the confidence to get a magazine safely to press in the absence of a production editor.
You will need strong InDesign skills and good knowledge of Photoshop. You must be able to develop strong relationships with writers, the art desk and other production journalists. An interest in retail and fashion would also help.
If you’ve been working as a sub-editor or senior sub-editor, or are already a deputy production editor, this is a great opportunity to step up to the next level and join a successful, growing team working across both print and digital journalism.
• Excellent InDesign skills and good knowledge of Photoshop
• First-class sub-editing skills including copy editing, headlines, captions and standfirsts as well as page layout
• Experience of online copy editing and uploading to content management systems
• Organisation and time-management skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Self-motivated, hard-working and able to remain calm under pressure
• Imposing house style on copy while working quickly and accurately
• Lay out pages from templates and help to maintain copy flow from the editorial desk
• Step up to run the production desk for either Drapers or Retail Week in the absence of a production editor
• Generate ideas and contribute as part of a team towards the print magazines and digital products
If you would like to apply please click on the link below.