This job is no longer available
Location: Victoria, TX; San Angelo, TX; Killeen-Temple, TX; Odessa-Midland, TX; Bangor, ME; Presque Isle, ME; Augusta/Waterville, ME; Tuscaloosa, AL; Bismarck, ND.
Townsquare Media is looking to hire Managing Editors to oversee the editorial operations of the company's recently-acquired local radio station websites in the above locations.
The Digital Managing Editor roles are responsible for the creation of digital content that is vital for the local communities, and the growth of the audience to that content.
Candidates must have at least five years of online editorial experience, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. The people filling these roles should understand what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO.
The jobs also require the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all a must. Experience working with Wordpress, Photoshop and video, and familiarity with AP style are all a plus as well.
Key responsibilities include:
* Partner with teams of on-air talent to create compelling content for the local community, including text, photo, video & interactive across the site, mobile and social media.
* Develop content based on audience demand & search data
* Top edit several posts and features a day
* Manage the calendar of content for the site
* Distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
* Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
* Utilize best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.
* Strategize ways to increase site audience & engagement
* Grow an Active Database for email, mobile and social media
* Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, links to clips and role that you are applying for to: email@example.com MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!