This job is no longer available
Location: Houston, TX
Purpose: To provide a senior news lead in Americas across an integrated editorial operation and ensure regional news content is supplied in line with the demands of each business unit.
News Editor, Americas
Responsible for news content on ICIS news generated from editorial staff across the region. Responsible for editorial standards/style across ICIS pricing and ICIS news.
• To help implement the news agenda for ICIS news and play a leading role for news planning & delivery regionally under the direction of the Global News Editor, ICIS.
• Help manage Americas news planning, copy flow, news assignments across ICIS pricing and ICIS news.
• Develop and manage contributions from regional stringers
• To help develop and enhance regional news coverage across ICIS news and ICIS pricing.
• To help manage news assignments across ICIS in Americas to minimise duplication of effort and maximise news resources.
• To ensure editorial content from Americas meets deadlines and quality benchmarks.
• To ensure, in cooperation with the Managing Editor, Americas, reporting and writing standards for ICIS pricing reporters.
• To develop news output from regional ICIS pricing team.
• To contribute to development of ICIS strategy with senior editorial management group.
The role reports to the Global News Editor, based in Sutton, UK, and carries direct reports from the Houston news team. It has operational news responsibility across the Americas editorial team.
Reed Business Information provides data services, information and marketing solutions to business professionals in the UK, the US, Continental Europe, Asia and Australia. It produces industry critical data services and lead generation tools, and over 100 online community and job sites. It publishes over 100 business magazines with market leading positions in many sectors. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that will provide you with significant opportunities and advantages. You may choose from a wide menu of options including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), retirement benefits, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time. You are eligible for many of our health benefits from your first day of employment.
Please apply here and mention Gorkana: http://www.rbi.jobs/job/31807-permanent-news_editor_americas_icis_houston-houston_texas/