This job is no longer available
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Well-established, award winning and general interest city magazine, Hour Detroit, is seeking to fill its editor position.
The qualified candidate will lead a talented staff of editors, writers and designers who develop content for the brand along with several other ancillary titles. This full-time position will be based in Hour Media’s Royal Oak, MI office.
A journalism degree or related field and four to six years of experience and knowledge of AP style desired.
- Researching and developing story ideas pertinent to the region, editing all areas of magazine and ancillaries, heavy collaboration with design and maintaining a close working relationship with production and management.
- Excellent creative skills and strong headline and deck writing are essential.
- Editorial and art budget responsibility, including establishing and maintaining contracts for contributing writers/columnists along with oversight of photographers and illustrator agreements. Generate column and article ideas.
- Plan, develop and oversee content for Hour Detroit in all its communication channels (print, web, digital edition, eNewsletters, social media, video, etc.).
- Some writing required on an as-needed basis.
- Oversight of editing and proofing all brand content for grammar, style, accuracy and clarity.
- Plan and write editorial calendar for media kits annually.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org.