This job is no longer available
Location: Lawrence, KS
The World Company, a fast-paced, multimedia organization in Lawrence, Kansas, is looking for a Digital Editor to accelerate our transition into a news organization that can provide our audiences with local information across multiple platforms and find innovative ways to use social media and other digital tools to support and increase user engagement.
The Digital Editor will:
• On a daily basis, collaborate with other editors and reporters to enhance storytelling via digital platforms, including online, on mobile and via social media.
• Monitor and respond to breaking news and get it to our readers and site visitors as quickly as possible.
• Build and manage online communities on LJWorld.com, Lawrence.com and related sites, including monitoring and moderating comments.
• Manage our social media efforts to disseminate our news and headlines and encourage interaction among fans and followers.
• Manage and ensure the quality and quantity of video content.
• Prioritize and arrange online content to boost traffic and audience engagement.
• Monitor and analyze Web, mobile and traffic trends.
• Manage e-mail, text and mobile products.
• Act as a primary contact for staff or users having trouble using or navigating LJWorld.com and other related websites.
• Demonstrate creativity, provide new ideas and be willing to try new things to enhance web site content and other media formats.
The World Company's online operations are considered to be among the most innovative news and media organizations in the country. Among them are LJWorld.com, Lawrence.com, KUsports.com and SteamboatPilot.com. We are a family-owned business that has been a news and media source for over 100 years. Company holdings include newspapers, magazines, commercial printing and consulting.
Historical Lawrence, KS, is located 45 minutes from Kansas City, MO, has a nationally recognized arts scene, a vibrant downtown and is home to the University of Kansas with its long-standing basketball tradition.
The ideal candidate should have atrack record ofbeing comfortable thinking on his or her feet, solving problems and identifying and adapting to emerging digital trends; the ability to work with those who have both more and less news experience; excellent writing and copy editing skills in a fast-paced Web environment and have strong news judgment; a bachelor’s degree in journalism or related area with at least two years’ experience using digital social media tools in a news or media related environment.Must be available to work evenings as weekends as needed.
To apply submit a cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. PLEASE MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING TO THIS OPENING!
We offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401k, paid time off, employee discounts and more! Background check, preemployment drug screen and physical lift assessment required. EOE