Plastics News, Reporter - D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C.
• Report and write for print and web, juggle multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Handle breaking news, analysis and feature stories, including special reports
• Develop sources, become an established expert on multiple beats
• Cover industry events; travel required
• Collaborate with Akron, Ohio-based editor and editorial staff members on story ideas
• Meet all editorial deadlines
• Minimum of two (2) years print or online reporting experience, preferably with a daily news organization. Business/financial reporting preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven track record of breaking news
• Professional presentation
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to generate story ideas, top-notch writer and reporter
• Ability to work from a home office in the Washington D.C. area
• Familiarity with and enthusiasm for video/photography, social media, online communities, and other emerging web technologies
• Perform quickly and accurately on deadline
We focus on commercial, financial, legislative and market-related developments worldwide that affect North American plastics product manufacturers and their customers and suppliers. Our mission is to report news, gather data and deliver timely, independent information that provides our readers with a competitive advantage.
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism that readers have relied upon for more than 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization - a profitable and well established publishing leader.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section.