This job is no longer available
Location: New York, NY
Crain’s New York Business - Providing news, information and connections on all facets of New York through the prism of business. Crain's New York Business delivers the city's elite across our print, online and event platforms more effectively than anyone else. Covering all industry sectors including real estate, finance, advertising & marketing, hospitality, professional services and technology in addition to our unrivaled coverage of local and state politics has made Crain's New York Business the market leader.
We are searching for a dynamic, forward thinking, sales and marketing leader who has a track record of success. You will be leading a team of smart, highly motivated sales experts who have a passion for our brand and a proven record of innovation and creativity.
Our new Director of Sales/Marketing must be a creative/strategic thinker who is a natural leader and can roll up their sleeves and interact with some of New York’s most influential business leaders. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial media organization and effect change.
• Own revenue responsibility for all revenue generating products: print, online, mobile, event sponsorship, custom, lead generation, etc.
• Drive and lead strategic development and growth for sales team
• Oversee and direct all marketing plans and initiatives that support sales efforts, including but not limited to direct mail, promotion, collateral, etc.
• Provide direction and strategic vision that strengthens brand messaging and align with business goals and objectives.
• Lead, manage and mentor sales and administrative team
• Develop sales goals, objectives and strategies; oversee ad ops and actively contribute on-going input for new revenue generating products, marketing materials and programs.
• Active engagement in entire sales process: sales calls, brainstorming, proposal development, etc.
• Full P&L responsibly and provide analysis of sales, pricing, promotional expenses and product development costs.
• Key member of the Crain’s leadership team
• Position reports into Publisher
• Successful sales management experience contributing to the significant growth of a business is essential
• Requires a hands-on, lead by example sales and marketing executive
• Proven track record of sales & marketing success, minimum 7-10 years’ experience
• Must be collaborative and open minded
• Passion for media and news
• Works easily across departments and actively seeks new ideas
• Solid knowledge of emerging new media strategies
• Minimum of five years in sales management/leadership role
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
Overall, Crain's New York Business offers:
• An entrepreneurial environment where people are encouraged to manage their categories creatively and independently.
• A lean management structure allowing for growth opportunities.
• A family friendly company that is sensitive to our employees’ domestic needs.
• Offices located within two blocks of Grand Central Station.
• A competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment.
This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable and well established publishing leader.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.