This job is no longer available
Location: Chicago, IL
Imagination is a custom publisher and content marketing agency. We help our clients build relationships and increase engagement with their customers. We have an immediate need for an experienced editor.
The Associate Editor is skilled in long-form editing, comfortable doing both big-picture reads and detailed copyediting on complex topics. The Associate Editor will also create story ideas and collaborate on overall publication direction.
The Associate Editor will work with a team of content specialists to provide editing and writing assistance on a variety of content pieces—from features to white papers—in a fast-paced environment. In this role, the Associate Editor will focus primarily on print vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have experience editing for content, scope, flow, style and adherence to quality standards. Prior experience working on a business publication or newspaper features desk strongly preferred.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize, manage and edit content for features and departments.
- Collaborate with the team to develop story ideas and editorial calendars that meet client needs.
- Calmly and diligently juggle multiple, results-oriented initiatives under tight turnarounds.
- Research complex subjects and edit copy tailored to a target audience (i.e. technical and business writing).
- Support the editing process for various publications or projects, shifting seamlessly between big picture and copy edits.
- Collaborate with content, digital and broadcast teams to write and edit copy for web, video and social media projects as needed.
- 3-5 years' experience in an editing role, preferably working on business content
- BS or MS in Journalism ideal
- Excellent content management and editing skills
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Imagination is EOE.
Apply Here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IMAGINEPUB&cws=1&rid=121 MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!