Corporate Secretary, Associate Editor / Online Features Producer - NY
Location: New York, NY
Cross Border USA is looking for an experienced writer/content producer for their corporate governance & compliance magazine, Corporate Secretary. For more information about our company and publication, please visit www.corporatesecretary.com and www.thecrossbordergroup.com.
For this position, the ideal candidate is familiar with creating content relevant to a legal and financial-focused business reader base. Must also have experience with online writing styles and creating quick-clip videos. Ease in speaking in front of large groups of people is required.
Job duties include:
• writing news stories, feature articles, advertorials, announcements, blogs and weekly newsletters
• creating editorial, interactive and multimedia content for the Corporate Secretary brand, including shooting and editing videos, and posting contributions to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
• managing and maintaining email newsletters and website topics pages
• keeping up to date with developments affecting corporate governance and related areas so that you can continue to build expertise in the field and help to identify potential story ideas
• attending in-house and outside industry events to strengthen knowledge of corporate governance and to build contacts
• meeting copy deadlines
• attaining rigorous standards of accuracy and quality in all research, reporting and writing
• behaving in a professional manner at all times and especially with editorial contacts and when representing the company or the magazine externally
• Full-time position based in our downtown NYC office
• Employee-contribution full medical plan
• Paid holidays and vacation time
• $45,000 – $55,000 DOE
If you would like to become a part of our dynamic team, please submit your resume with a cover letter plus examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you are the best candidate for this position. Please note that any resumes received without a proper cover letter will not be considered.