Futures Industry Assocation, Full-Time Staff Writer - D.C.
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Staff Writer is an entry-level position, responsible for writing and editing a weekly newsletter for FIA members that summarizes global regulatory developments relevant to the derivatives industry.
This requires writing original material, summarizing press releases and regulatory announcements, and editing material from other sources. This person also will work with other FIA staff to expand the number of people reading the newsletter by leveraging relationships with FIA member firms and other trade associations. This person’s responsibilities also include working with other members of the FIA’s media team in producing the FIA’s daily news summary and writing articles for the FIA’s bimonthly magazine.
• Work with FIA legal staff on summaries of FIA comment letters and other regulatory matters
• Summarize press releases from government agencies, exchanges, firms, etc.
• Cover Congressional hearings, CFTC meetings and FIA conferences
• Work with FIA Asia on summaries of Asia-related news
• Write reports on activities of FIA divisions, FIA PTG and FIA EPTA
• Liaise with FIA staff to track people moves in the industry
• Review FIA SmartBrief, a daily email news summary
• Contribute bylined articles to Futures Industry, the FIA’s magazine
• At least two years of experience working as a reporter covering business issues; familiarity with financial services sector preferred
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently and with other team members
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, basic knowledge of HTML is a plus
Email your resume to: email@example.com – no calls please and principles only.