Modern Healthcare, Staff Reporter - IL
Location: Chicago, IL
Reporting to the news editor, this entry level staff reporter is primarily tasked with writing brief, breaking spot news items for the web site. This is a general assignment position that requires an enthusiastic, organized, motivated individual who can quickly create brief news items on topics across the healthcare spectrum that arise during the day’s news cycle.
• Working with the news editor to quickly and efficiently create brief news items out of the day’s healthcare news cycle.
• Help staff writers and editors with research as needed
• Copy edit as needed.
• Produce and post items to the site using a content management system.
• Optimize brief articles for search.
The position requires at least two years of editorial or comparable experience with a strong focus on producing digital news content.
It also requires:
• The ability to write quickly, accurately and clearly on very tight deadlines.
• A strong work ethic.
• A solid understanding of how content management systems work and the ability to quickly and efficiently post articles online.
• Knowledge of SEO and the ability to optimize breaking news features for maximum search impact.
• Excellent copy editing skills.
• An understanding and familiarity with online performance metrics a plus.
• B.A. in journalism or related field.
• Knowledge of healthcare a definite plus.
Apply here and mention Gorkana: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRAINCOMM&cws=1&rid=1391
Modern Healthcare is the industry’s leading source of healthcare business news, reporting on the issues that have a direct impact on the business decisions healthcare professionals make every day. Complementing the weekly publication are several daily e-newsletters, two breaking news emails, Modern Physician, and two web sites. Modern Healthcare and Modern Physician are a division of Crain Communications Inc.
About Crain Communications Inc - An industry leader, Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately owned business media companies with 30 leading business, trade and consumer brands in North America, Europe and Asia. The company’s 850 employees in 11 locations produce exciting publications, digital products, events, marketing services, custom publishing, lead generation and research and data products to help its millions of readers and clients succeed. The company’s website is www.crain.com.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.