This job is no longer available
Location: Houston, TX
ICIS (www.icis.com) is a world-leading chemical pricing and information service, offering unrivalled coverage of global chemical and energy markets. ICIS has been established for 30 years, and commands the respect within the industry which you would expect from a long-term player. We are experiencing quick growth as a brand.
ICIS is currently hiring for a markets reporter to cover the petrochemical, fertilizer and oil industry. ICIS is the world’s largest petrochemical pricing service, offering unrivalled coverage of global energy and chemical markets. We have a global team of more than 600 people with bureaus in London, Houston, New York, Washington, Singapore, Shanghai, Dubai and Moscow.
• Cover petrochemicals markets and produce daily and weekly price assessments, market analysis, real-time news and in-depth analysis stories
• Develop sources with key industry contacts
• Travel to key industry events in the US and around the world
• Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus but not required
Key Skills Required:
• Articulate and numerate journalist with an analytical mind
• Knowledge of economics principles
• Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to a fast-changing environment
• Foreign language skills a plus
• Bachelor’s or Graduate degree ideally in journalism, business or science
• 3-5 years professional experience in a communications or science field
• Experience in petrochemicals is a plus but not required
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the US
RBI General Benefits Package:
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that will provide you with significant opportunities and advantages. You may choose from a wide menu of options including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), retirement benefits, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time. You are eligible for many of our health benefits from your first day of employment.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
Please send cover letter with resume and electronic samples of published clips (combined file less than 3 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!