MoneyTalksNews.com, Personal Finance Editor - Telecommute, NY or FL
Location: Telecommute, New York, NY or Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Money Talks News has been a nationally syndicated television news series since 1991. While we still appear within the local news of more than 80 network affiliates nationwide, since 2010 we’ve been focused on developing our web presence with both print articles and video. In addition to MoneyTalksNews.com, our work also frequently appears on the largest personal finance sites in the world, including MSN Money, Yahoo Finance, Huffington Post Money and more.
We’re seeking an experienced online editor who understands how to write/edit/copyedit personal finance news and information. We need someone who can take a topic that typically makes a reader’s eyes glaze and make them light up!
Money Talks News is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, and we’re currently considering a branch in NYC. But if you’re someone we can’t live without, live wherever you please.
As our managing editor, you’ll be responsible for sourcing, assigning, creating, editing and copyediting compelling news and information that will keep our readers entertained and make them richer.
You should have at least five years of experience in consumer/personal finance news, along with a strong background in editing and copyediting.
We’re looking for an editor who knows the space, the competition, and what it takes to create headlines and content that people want to read because it will make a difference in their lives.
In addition to being an idea factory, you’ll need to be able to work with freelance writers of varying experience and talent as well as our video team. You’ll be knowledgeable in Word Press and SEO.
We’re a small team of energetic personal finance fanatics who love having fun, helping people and making money. You’ll need a good sense of humor, flexible work hours, a home office, and the vision and desire to make Money Talks News the most widely read and watched personal finance news on the planet.
What you'll do:
- Work from home while you develop story ideas, write occasional articles, assign stories to freelance staff and oversee all written content
- Find new writers and develop current ones
- Create, manage and oversee an editorial calendar
- Manage the editorial budget
- Help with big-picture site strategy
- Meet deadlines
What you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years of personal finance writing/editing experience
- An intuitive understanding of what makes compelling personal finance copy
- An entrepreneurial desire, along with the ability to think outside the box and imagine what’s next
- A superior ability in editing, fact checking and copyediting
- An allergy to publishing anything even remotely inaccurate
- An obsession to hit deadlines and avoid even the smallest errors
How To Apply: To apply, send a resume and tell me why we'd be crazy not to hire you. firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Personal Finance Editor. MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!