This job is no longer available
Location: Akron, OH
Rubber & Plastics News, based in Akron, is seeking an experienced professional to join our established and successful news staff.
• Copy edit stories written by staff, freelancers and other Crain publications for use in Rubber & Plastics News, its website and its various email newsletters.
• Page design for the print edition of Rubber & Plastics News. This includes formatting and layout of technical notebooks, which appear in each issue.
• Responsible for maintaining a thorough final checklist for each page in our print issue to keep RPN in line with requirements concerning such things as style, archiving data.
• Key role in maintaining our website, www.rubbernews.com, as well as responsible for compiling and sending out our daily email newsletter. Also will be responsible for choosing stories for our various email newsletters, along with editing, compiling and sending out these newsletters through our web editing system.
• Should be web savvy in developing ideas to use our website to better serve our audience with new story delivery options.
• Some writing duties, including web items, rewrites and occasional original stories.
• Three plus years of newspaper experience, either at daily newspaper, business publication or equivalent.
• Experience designing pages either with Quark or other page-making software.
• Experience in content management of a publication website.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
• Experience in business journalism a plus but not required.
Apply here and mention Gorkana: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRAINCOMM&cws=1&rid=1394
Rubber & Plastics News is a fortnightly tabloid newspaper reaching 14,200 rubber product manufacturers and others allied to the rubber industry. It provides news, features, commentary, technical and marketing information in print and daily on the Internet to rubber product manufacturers, suppliers, consultants and laboratories worldwide. Rubber & Plastics News also organizes several technical conferences in North America, and co-produces, with Tire Business, the biennial International Tire Exhibition & Conference. In addition, Rubber & Plastics News offers niche email newsletters for the latex, silicone and global tire industries.
About Crain Communications Inc - An industry leader, Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately owned business media companies with 30 leading business, trade and consumer brands in North America, Europe and Asia. The company’s 850 employees in 11 locations produce exciting publications, digital products, events, marketing services, custom publishing, lead generation and research and data products to help its millions of readers and clients succeed. The company’s website is www.crain.com.