This job is no longer available
Location: Detroit, MI
Crain's Detroit Business is seeking an experienced Account Executive to join their dynamic sales team.
This position is the ideal next step for the self-motivated and driven sales professional who loves customized selling based on value and to represent an established, respected yet evolving brand that business owners and agencies respect. This is a fast moving role within the competitive media field. Lucky for you, our solutions include print, online and event sponsorships. This position will generate advertising revenue via new business with a strong focus on digital and growing a current base of advertisers.
Our staff of veteran sales people has been at Crain’s Detroit for an average of 12 years and describes their jobs as the “best kept secret in media sales in Detroit”. Come and grow with us in a collaborative, team based role that boasts a base plus uncapped commission structure.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of successful solutions based sales experience, preferably in a business to business environment
• Proven ability to prospect and develop new business as well as manage and grow existing business
• Ability to anticipate customer’s needs, find effective solutions and solve customer’s problems
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding listening skills
• Ability to achieve all sales goals through a focused and strategic approach to sales
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage all of the details of online campaigns accurately
• Solid knowledge and experience using research tools
• Ability to create programs and partner with customers as they grow their business
Apply here and mention Gorkana: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRAINCOMM&cws=1&rid=1396
For over 27 years, Crain's Detroit Business has been the premier source of local business news and information for the Detroit’s area's influential business executives. Every week Crain's print edition delivers scoop-oriented articles, enlightening features and invaluable industry rankings. Crain's award-winning website, crainsdetroit.com, is an essential online tool for news, information and statistics about doing business in Detroit. Crain's Detroit Business is a Crain Communications Inc publication.
Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe producing exciting publications, digital products, events, marketing services, custom publishing, lead generation and research and data products to help its millions of readers and clients succeed.
As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
• Advertising Age
• Automotive News
• Automotive News Europe
• Business Insurance
• Crain's Chicago Business
• Crain's Cleveland Business
• Crain's Detroit Business
• Crain's New York Business
• European Plastics News
• European Rubber Journal
• Media Business
• Modern Healthcare
• Modern Physician
• Pensions & Investments
• Plastics News
• Plastics News China
• Plastics & Rubber Weekly
• Rubber & Plastics News
• Staffing Industry Analysts
• Tire Business
• Urethanes Technology International
• Waste & Recycling News
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications. We invite you to visit often and apply through the Careers page at www.crain.com as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.