Orange County Register, Assistant Business Editor - CA
Location: Orange County, CA
The Orange County Register is looking for an experienced, imaginative editor to work with the paper’s growing Business team as the paper continues to expand its coverage of the region's dynamic business community.
The Register re-launched its standalone business section in October and now seeks another editor to join the staff. This editor must have:
* A strong background in business and news editing and reporting
* The ability to juggle breaking news, features and in-depth enterprise stories on such diverse topics as the economy, finance, small business, real estate, aerospace, technology, retail and the business of medicine
* Experience working across print, web and social media platforms
* Strong news judgment
* A passion for storytelling
* At least five years experience working for a daily publication, including as an assignment editor.
* A proven leader capable of managing a staff of diverse experience and abilities
* Knowledge of Orange County is a plus
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and five examples of your work to email@example.com.