Ad Age, Executive Editor - NY
Location: New York, NY
Ad Age is seeking a seasoned editor with a strong background in business news to bolster its editorial leadership team. This editor will be key to leading and executing the editorial mission and agenda.
He or she will be responsible for:
• Hands-on leadership of the day-to-day editorial operation and development process for Ad Age and AdAge.com.
• Developing agenda-setting story ideas and conceiving of interesting and effective ways to increase financial and business coverage of the important issues in media and marketing.
• Working with reporters and other editors to build out trend and numbers-based pieces for Ad Age's website and weekly print publication.
• Editing, and occasionally writing, for both web and print.
• Recruiting contributors to round out Ad Age's coverage.
• Representing Ad Age at industry events, including our own.
The ideal candidate has 12+ years of business-reporting and/or editing experience. He or she will have a keen understanding of business and economics, the ability to analyze data and pick out relevant newsworthy information from complex financial statements and an eye for spotting trends and identifying the interesting personalities in media and marketing. We require someone with strong organizational and management skills who has led newsrooms or reporting teams. The person should understand how to attract digital audiences and the tools for aggregating them, including SEO, social media and news aggregation. Curiosity, creativity, accuracy, speed and a will to win on the important stories in media and marketing are important, as is having strong network of journalists in the New York City area. Ad Age is a team-oriented, high-metabolism organization and we need someone with a collaborative spirit, and the ability to provide clear, constructive criticism and praise to colleagues.
Advertising Age is the leading media brand for advertising, marketing and media news and in-depth information, sharing ideas and best practices to move the industry forward. Advertising Age serves its community through digital properties AdAge.com and Creativity-Online.com, a weekly print publication, the Ad Age Datacenter, multiple events and conferences, as well as a library of white papers focused on an array of related topics. MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!
About Crain Communications Inc - An industry leader, Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately owned business media companies with 30 leading business, trade and consumer brands in North America, Europe and Asia. The company’s 850 employees in 11 locations produce exciting publications, digital products, events, marketing services, custom publishing, lead generation and research and data products to help its millions of readers and clients succeed. The company’s website is www.crain.com.