Assistant Managing Editor, Institutional Investor - NY
The assistant managing editor is a key member of the editorial team as it implements its new editorial strategy to provide must-read financial news and analysis that will help asset allocators and managers in their jobs. A stickler for accuracy, the AME should have proven success in short- and long-form content creation, as well as managing across a variety of platforms (digital, mobile, print and video). The AME will work closely with the managing editor to package content in an efficient and timely manner to maximize its impact across multiple channels, including the group’s websites, mobile sites, tablet applications and print publications.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating unique and engaging content, as well as display meticulous attention to detail and an excellent understanding of big picture concepts. The AME should also have strong knowledge of trends and innovations in digital media and be familiar with emerging technology.
- Manage the day-to-day content production of large amounts of copy, working with editors, staff writers and art staff to create a unified, multiplatform editorial operation.
- Take a proactive role in overcoming obstacles to ensure timely delivery of finished stories.
- Manage Institutional Investor’s and Alpha’s social media presence.
- Work with the managing editor to conceive, develop and launch new web site features, digital products and digital and mobile editions that extend visibility and reach, engage new audiences of investment practitioners and drive revenue.
- Submit and track invoices.
- Minimum two years of experience in digital media production.
- Familiarity and comfort with digital publishing tools and the web development process.
- Excellent project management, organizational and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of basic HTML
- Flexibility in competently juggling priorities and changing expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly entrepreneurial.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of financial markets not required.
About Institutional Investor
For more nearly 50 years, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with ground-breaking journalism and incisive writing that provides must-read intelligence for a global audience. This award-winning magazine is essential reading for the world's leading financiers, corporate executives and government officials, who rely on the breadth and depth of coverage that have made Institutional Investor such a premier publication. For more, visit http://www.institutionalinvestor.com.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Kalina Ollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Assistant Managing Editor, Institutional Investor - NY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly