Enterprise Editor, Institutional Investor - NY
The enterprise editor will be a key member of Institutional Investor’s editorial team and responsible for leading the feature/long-form journalism efforts, both online and in print. Ideation, assigning of articles to internal and external staff, and working extensively with those writers will all fall under the responsibilities of the enterprise editor.
The enterprise editor will work alongside the other Institutional Investor editors — News & Opinion, Research and Networks — as well as our managing editor and editorial director. Together, this group will decide on all editorial content being produced, as well as what distribution platforms (digital, print, networks, etc.) to leverage in the promotion of that work.
The enterprise editor will report directly to the editorial director.
- Drawing on extensive knowledge of finance, asset management and capital markets, he or she will generate meaningful content that garners a high volume of traffic to the website and encourages awareness and excitement around the II brand.
- Conceptualize, assign and edit engaging and smart content for Institutional Investor’s print and digital platforms.
- On occasion, write articles — both long- and short-form.
- Promote content via social media and leverage its influence to deepen audience engagement and create loyalty and affinity for the brand.
- Optimize content for search engines.
- Stay abreast of the latest financial news and analysis and understand how it impacts II’s audience.
- Attend, and speak at, various industry events.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Five to seven years of experience editing and reporting on complex financial topics.
- A deep knowledge of, and contacts in, the financial/asset management sector.
- Exemplary language skills and storytelling ability with a keen eye for strong content, and the ability to craft and nurture that content through the creative process.
- A proven skillfulness to edit long-form journalism on complex financial topics.
- Strong, detail-oriented writing and editing skills, including the ability to adapt material for multiple channels (print and digital).
- Strong sense of what makes a good web story and how to deliver it with impact.
- Well organized, with a high degree of personal initiative and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and highly entrepreneurial.
- Strong knowledge of SEO, digital metrics, tools and analysis.
- Understanding of the principles of user experience and knowledge of HTML.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business journalism or a related discipline.
About Institutional Investor
For more nearly 50 years, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with ground-breaking journalism and incisive writing that provides must-read intelligence for a global audience. This award-winning magazine is essential reading for the world's leading financiers, corporate executives and government officials, who rely on the breadth and depth of coverage that have made Institutional Investor such a premier publication. For more, visit http://www.institutionalinvestor.com.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume and writing samples to Kalina Ollinger at email@example.com.