PinkNews, Senior Journalists / Editors
PinkNews is the world’s largest LGBT+ news publisher and we are looking for up to five full-time senior journalists and a number of freelance journalists who share our vision for explaining sexuality and gender issues, from the most serious to the most-entertaining. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for the LGBT+ community by engaging our community and our allies through our editorial.
We are looking for smart, passionate team members to join our small PinkNews family at our London, New York and San Francisco offices or from home. They will be expected to write, commission and edit original features and create engaging video content.
We have a social first newsroom and all our team have to effectively use social media for both reporting and promotion. No two days will be the same at PinkNews - on one day you might be publishing the Prime Minister’s latest op-ed for PinkNews, the next creating a listicle read by millions of our readers around the world.
What you must have:
- A passion for news, politics and entertainment as well as some experience in writing editorial relating to sexuality and gender
- Experience creating distinct content and the ability to concisely engage users on social platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail and an ability to create clean, high-quality copy under tight deadlines
- Ability to improvise and learn new skills in order to deliver the best content experience for our readers
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that will sometimes include nights and weekends
- A journalism qualification or evidence of significant on-the-job experience
- Experience producing engaging, multimedia content for Facebook, Snapchat and some of our other favorite social platforms
- Belief in equality for all
Ideally you will also have:
- Previous experience at a high-quality and high-volume digital publication or the online team of a newspaper with a good understanding of digital media
- An eye for a story that could ‘go viral’
- Experience of building listicles and quizzes
- Extensive knowledge of all mainstream and some emerging social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat
- The ability to gather and analyse social media data and analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- An eye for design and the ability to make social graphics with simple tools
- Video production and editing skills
- A thorough understanding of sound journalistic practices and ethics
- Knowledge of the online journalism landscape and the place of PinkNews within it
- Previous experience of commissioning and managing a team of journalists
- Excellent subbing skills
The chosen candidates will be joining a small family of focused, hard-working, creative people in the UK and the US who collectively punch above their weight. PinkNews welcomes applications from all suitable candidates regardless of sexuality or gender identity.
PinkNews will only consider applications with a covering letter explaining why you would wish to work at PinkNews.
Please note, we have a rolling recruitment process for these roles so please apply as soon as possible by completing the application form below.
Apply for PinkNews, Senior Journalists / Editors
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly