SEO & Social Media Assistant, The Independent - NY
The Independent is looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking SEO & Social Media Assistant to deliver its journalism to readers in the US, UK and around the world.
Based in our New York office, the successful candidate will be tasked with growing traffic across search engines and our social media platforms - while also working to explore growth opportunities and avenues for audience engagement.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Working with news editor and other section editors to ensure traffic-driving topics are covered
- Spotting trends on social media and search
- Liaising with reporters to optimise articles across various sections
- Monitoring site traffic and raising audience opportunities
- Maintaining various social media accounts
- Keeping up to date with trends across the industry
- Providing reports for the Head of Audience and Editor
Required skills and experience:
- 1-2 years experience working in a fast-paced newsroom
- Experience optimising headlines and content within an editorial team
- Familiarity with a range of SEO and analytics tools - including SiteCatalyst and Chartbeat
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and Reddit
- Interest across a wide range of news topics - from politics and sports to entertainment and lifestyle
- Enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and confidence
Ability to prioritise workload and an obsession with news are essential.
Please apply by completing the application form below, with a resumé and a quick description of why you think you’d suit the role.
You should also state your desired salary and current notice. Applications without these will not be progressed further.
We look forward to hearing from you.