Experienced Financial Markets Editors, TheStreet - NY
TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st), an award winning financial media company, is seeking experienced Financial Markets Editors. Based in New York, the editors will be responsible for leading a team of writers and reporters in producing news stories and features for TheStreet’s digital products including Real Money and The Deal. The ideal candidates are seasoned news professionals that are deeply knowledgeable about the financial markets, investing, and transactions including mergers and acquisitions and bankruptcy.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop unique angles for news coverage.
- Oversee a team of reporters and writers throughout the newsgathering process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage copy flow and content distribution across TheStreet’s products including Real Money and The Deal.
- Lead the production of sophisticated commentary and analysis that will be useful to a readership of both individual and institutional investors.
- Represent TheStreet on television, video or as a speaker at industry events.
- 7 to 10 years of editing experience for a financial news service.
- A thorough understanding of company income statements and balance sheets and regulatory filings.
- Experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ or Thomson Reuters Knowledge.
- Excellent editing and writing skills, with ability to craft compelling headlines.
- Experience compiling a daily news budget.
- Strong work ethic and interest in bringing out the best in others.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills.
- Strong leadership skills a must, as this is a highly-visible role in the newsroom.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Please send your resume and salary requirements with "Experienced Financial Markets Editor" in the subject line to email@example.com.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.ratewatch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.
Apply for Experienced Financial Markets Editors, TheStreet - NY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly