Experienced Financial Market Writers, TheStreet - NY
TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st), an award winning financial media company, is seeking experienced Financial Markets Writers. Based in New York, the writers will be responsible for sourcing, developing, analyzing and writing news stories and features for TheStreet’s digital products including Real Money and The Deal. The right candidates will be able to break news about equities markets, investing, transactions including mergers and acquisitions and bankruptcy.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Gather and verify factual information through interview, observation and research.
- Represent TheStreet on television, video or as a speaker at industry events.
- Follow market trends and provide sophisticated analysis that will be useful to a readership of both individual and institutional investors.
- Familiarity with company income statements and balance sheets and know how to find news in regulatory filings.
- Familiarity with measures of how companies are valued.
- Experience covering legal issues and securities law in particular a plus.
- Some experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ or Thomson Reuters Knowledge.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- 3+ years of financial reporting experience.
- Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Comfort level with financial terminology and numbers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Please send your resume and salary requirements with "Experienced Financial Markets Writer" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.ratewatch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.
Apply for Experienced Financial Market Writers, TheStreet - NY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly