Legal Content Writer
PacerMonitor is a growing legal tech company based in New York City that serves the legal and financial industries, as well as retail consumers. We are a small but expanding entrepreneurial team with a flexible work environment.
We are seeking a Content Writer who is savvy, proactive and ambitious. We’re currently looking for someone to create innovative, high quality content pieces targeted towards our core audiences online. The right person will have experience and interest in the legal and finance industries, technology and entrepreneurship.
This role is ideal for someone who is a self-starter and wants to help take an organization to the next level while ensuring their own professional growth and development. The right person will have the opportunity to be hired on full time and become a key contributing member of our team.
- Develop ideas and write articles on various legal and technology related topics, which may include:
- Thought pieces on cases of general interest with analysis and commentary
- Stories related to the Federal Court system, PACER, or specific legal subject matters (e.g. trends in patent cases and bankruptcies)
- Updates on significant proceedings in cases that are tracked over time
- Create content that is easily digestible; including breaking down complicated legal and business concepts to be user friendly for the average reader
- Write, edit and publish articles with minimal guidance
- In certain cases, you may be asked to interview and profile practicing lawyers to supplement our existing content
- Have significant involvement and exposure to the intersection of law, technology and public policy
- Have excellent writing and editing skills, particularly with experience in legal or financial journalism
- Be well organized and results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Be able to work both independently and collaborate with a small, entrepreneurial team
- Understand SEO and how to create interesting, shareable content
The Company is based out of New York City, and a candidate located here is preferred, but we are willing to consider alternate arrangement for the perfect candidate.
In order to apply please send us what you consider to be your relevant resume information and links to the three articles you’re most proud of.