Reporter, Citywire Americas - NY
Citywire provides no-nonsense, impartial financial and business news, data and research for professional investors and advisers around the world. We publish our own news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information that helps our readers make the best decisions about where to place clients’ money.
And we do it all with a great deal of style. We create beautiful magazines and indispensable websites and we hold great events all around the world from Bangkok to Montevideo and many places in between.
We started out in 1999 and there are now around 220 of us – most of us in Vauxhall, London where we’re surrounded by nice pubs and green spaces and served by superb transport links. The rest of us are in fast- growing offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Milan and Munich. No matter which office you are in it’s a fun place to work.
Reporting to the Americas Editor, your role will involve working both online and in print. This will involve building contacts in the fund management business and breaking news stories as well as writing features based on Citywire’s analysis of its own unique data. The topics you will be covering range from people moves to investment strategies and asset manager news. To be successful you will demonstrate a strong willingness to work the phones and go on regular face-to-face meetings to develop strong relationships with industry professionals.
- Writing daily news stories on the offshore fund selection community and asset management business across North and South America
- Write analytical stories based on Citywire’s proprietary data on fund manager performance
- Building new contacts and establishing good sources among the offshore investor community to get exclusive news
- Contribute monthly features for our magazine Citywire Americas
- Travelling to Latin America to cover events and meet local investors
What you’ll need:
- Fluent in both spoken and written Spanish
- Qualification in journalism or At least one years’ experience as a reporter
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong source-development skills
- A basic understanding of financial markets would be advantageous
What we offer you:
- On successful completion of 90 the day’s probation period, colleagues are entitled to:-
- 15 days paid vacation days per annum plus public holidays
- Subsidized medical insurance and Health Savings Account
- Subsidized corporate gym membership
- Option to join a 401k retirement plan
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
Have you a qualification in journalism or at least one years’ experience as a reporter?
Are you eligible to work in the U.S?
Are you fluent in both Spanish and English?B