Senior Market Editor, U.S. refined products and carbon industries
Career Opportunity: Senior Market Editor, U.S. refined products and carbon industries
OPIS, a subsidiary company of IHS Markit, is a thriving energy pricing, news and software provider. We provide transparency through educational courses, software tools, real-time news and pricing services, and market-specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. You will work for a company that is customer-focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job. We offer competitive salaries; a full benefits package, and an opportunity to grow both your salary and responsibilities while utilizing the latest technologies.
The OPIS Senior Market Editor will be responsible for collecting and analyzing trade information to create a daily pricing index for U.S. refined products and carbon spot markets. The position requires reporting on spot market pricing and market fundamentals as well as creating alerts relevant to the U.S. refined products and carbon industries.
- Accumulate spot market price transactions from industry participants via email, instant messaging and by phone. Verify the legitimacy of the transactions, and adhere to OPIS pricing methodology to create daily price assessments.
- Create breaking and feature news alerts pertaining to the petroleum and carbon markets.
- Contribute copy to the OPIS published reports. Compile and publish OPIS reports.
- Help support technological upgrades to the OPIS publications.
- Serve as host at OPIS educational conferences and attend industry conferences.
- Participate in team staff meetings.
- Network and source build in the petroleum and carbon industries.
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, English, Finance, or Business.
- Minimum 8 years of journalism experience.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be comfortable working with computers and spreadsheets.
- Must be available to travel.
- At least 2 years energy market pricing and reporting.
- Experience in energy data analysis.
- Self-motivated, business-minded, and results driven.
Interested candidates please submit a resume on our careers site at:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.