Reporter / Editor, FDAnews - VA
FDAnews is seeking a highly motivated editor / reporter to report and write daily articles on global regulatory, legislative and legal news affecting executives in companies regulated by the FDA, European Commission and other foreign authorities.
Keep track of regulatory actions in various countries with an emphasis on U.S. FDA and congressional policy as it relates to clinical trials, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
Work as part of a team writing hard news for daily, weekly and monthly publications with tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in journalism, English or an applicable field and at least one year of reporting and writing experience. He or she will also need to have sound news judgment, an aptitude for networking with professional contacts, strong reporting skills and the ability to synthesize complicated information and write intelligibly and engagingly about it.
Experience covering federal agencies and Congress is desired. Daily news experience is a plus, as is knowledge of the drug and/or device industries. Some travel is involved. The job is full-time and in-house at our Falls Church, Va., location.
- Becoming a subject-matter expert to whom subscribers and colleagues turn for answers;
- Meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines;
- Reporting complex topics accurately, clearly and concisely;
- Attending and reporting on industry and government meetings;
- Conducting phone and in-person interviews with industry and government officials;
- Developing go-to expert sources in key topic areas; and
- Analyzing events and information to bring insight and analysis to articles.
FDAnews is the premier provider of domestic and international regulatory, legislative and business news and information for industries regulated by the FDA, European Commission and other foreign regulators. Visit us at www.FDAnews.com.
Benefits include health, dental, vacation and 401(k).
To apply, send resume with cover letter (written in AP style), two new clips and salary requirements by completing the application form below. Resumes without cover letters and clips will not be considered. No phone calls, please.