Markets Editor - Two years journalism, energy and/or finance experience preferred, OPIS - MD / TX
Two years journalism, energy and/or finance experience preferred.
Oil Price Information Service (OPIS), a division of IHS Markit, is looking for a markets editor to work on its U.S. Refined Products Spot team, contributing to reports focused on news and pricing activity in gasoline, diesel, heating oil and jet fuel markets.
Qualified candidates must have strong writing, editing and interviewing skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Knowledge of petroleum markets is a plus, but ideal candidates must have the curiosity and willingness to learn about the industry and the ability to break down sometimes complex regulatory and market issues into accurate and easily understood content.
- Developing and cultivating a range of industry sources.
- Generating stories for real-time new service as well as longer, more analytical content focusing on industry trends and emerging issues.
- Prepare a morning update, midday update, and end of day report.
- Gather and verify spot market refined products transactions from market participants.
- Assess spot market prices.
- Occasional travel.
- Two years journalism, energy and/or finance experience preferred. The ideal candidate would have experience in the energy industry and knowledge of fuel markets.
- Detail-oriented, with solid grasp of math fundamentals and spreadsheet formulas.
- Ability to translate technical materials into content that engages and instructs readers.
- Proven ability to generate story ideas and exclusive content.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
Click 'Apply' now.