Financial Reporter, Reorg Research - DC
Reorg Research provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms.
We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg Research is seeking a finance reporter to join Reorg’s newest and fastest growing product; Event Driven, an emerging leader in litigation, regulatory and political news and analysis.
The reporter will have a thorough understanding of Washington, the White House, Congress, Department of Treasury and related agencies. The reporter will work with our editorial staff to provide breaking news and scoops directly to our subscribers, which include hedge funds, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisers, corporations and law firms. This is a full-time position based out of our Washington, D.C., office.
- Break news on financial issues
- Discover the market-moving news that is often buried in legislation and regulations and convey it quickly and concisely to subscribers who need it fast and right
- Provide coverage on market-moving events
- Develop and maintain contacts in Congress, White House, Department of Treasury and relevant agencies
- Collaborate with legal analysts, editors and analysts
- Attend hearings and events
- Expertise in Washington, Congress, Department of Treasury and relevant regulatory agencies
- 5+ years’ experience in government or media
- Motivated self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborator with great interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of the political process in Washington
- Ability to connect legislation and regulations with the industries that are affected
Reorg Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Click 'Apply' now.