Technology Reporter, Dow Jones - CA
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitoring the markets and social media and reporting breaking daily news in a quick, concise and accurate manner
- Finding and recognizing strong story angles for more in-depth articles
- Conceptualizing and executing enterprise and investigative articles
- Covering corporate earnings reports extensively* Explaining complex investment and financial concepts in a manner that is easy to read and understand
- Working with editors, other reporters and staff on daily news and enterprise projects, as well as videos and interactive graphics
- Developing sources in the investment and technology sectors
The preferred candidate will have 3-5 years of journalism experience, knowledge of corporate finance, especially related to technology companies, and a thirst to explain how technology is changing and shaping our world. Must be able to work under daily deadline pressure while still treating coworkers with respect. Experience with video and interactive graphics is a plus.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets