Markets Reporter, Dow Jones - NY
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- monitoring all major financial markets, spotting trends and integrating into sharp, readable copy
- writing headlines and news “pulses” under real-time deadlines
- be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- writing markets enterprise stories and features
- breaking out short news items into full stories
- illustrating moves in markets with easy to read charts and graphs
Candidates must have a working understanding of currencies markets, as well as familiarity with stocks and bond markets. Must be able to work in a pressurized deadline environment and be able to interact easily with a team of motivated reporters. Must be a team player. Good spelling/grammar are extremely important. Excellent writing and communication skills required. Prior web experience preferred. Bachelor or equivalent degree a plus.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets