Managing Editor, Risk and Insurance - PA
- Full Time
Risk and Insurance® is an industry-leading magazine for risk management professionals. We cover the people, stories and risks that embody the essential functions of risk management in commercial property and casualty insurance.
Our audience is comprised of risk managers, brokers and insurance executives charged with managing risk for Fortune 500 companies down into the middle market.
We are currently looking for a Managing Editor to oversee the magazine’s daily publishing operation including the supervision of writers, editors and other staff.
The Managing Editor combines the creativity of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You should be able to suggest ideas for stories and see them through to publication.
In addition, the Managing Editor will be responsible for:
- Planning and managing magazine operations
- Collaborating with the Editor-in-Chief and the Executive Editor to determine issue content Coordinating publications and team meetings
- Hiring, coaching and supervising team members
- Planning assignments and enforcing deadlines for Writers and Associate Editors
- Overseeing line and copy editing
- BS/BA in Journalism or related field 7 years of experience writing and editing in a news and/or trade publication environment
- 2 years of managing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Word Press and/or similar content management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style Proven ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to work successfully and productively in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated organization and leadership skills
- Previous experience managing staff and coordinating operations to achieve objectives
- Ability to travel a minimum of 6 times per year for up to 5 consecutive days
- Experience as a business reporter
In addition to a stable and supportive work environment, we provide:
- Health and Dental insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Supportive office environment with business casual attire
As an EO/AA employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disability status.
Click 'Apply' now.