US Correspondent - Tech, South China Morning Post - NY / CA
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Cover key China-related news in the United States, including conferences, seminars and summits. Write news and analysis including anecdotal detail and evidence from on-the-spot reporting
- Deep knowledge of the tech industry and a detailed understanding of the issues and new products in the pipeline. Experience in covering China’s listed tech companies an advantage
- Coverage of listings of major Chinese companies, fund-raising events and mergers and acquisitions. Help Monitor and cover Chinese corporate leaders’ operations in the U.S.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues in Hong Kong and mainland China on cross-border tech industry breaking news and trend stories
- Identify other China-related themes from events in the United States, such as the presidential campaign, U.S.-based meetings of the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue, G7 and other meetings
- Generate enterprise stories from North America relating to Asia and China and travel around the United States on reporting trips including a focus on Silicon Valley
- Must have strong understanding of the latest Chinese tech and political, economic and business developments, as well as Sino-US relations and the global balance of power. The candidate also needs to understand American politics and be in contact with influential thinkers on American strategy towards Asia. For New York roles, basic business knowledge and reporting experience and the ability to read a financial statement are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or above. At least five years China coverage experience with established media organizations, a proven track-record for breaking news and developing contacts
- Fluency in English and Mandarin with strong ability to produce clean and high-quality English news copy. Must be able to read Chinese. Other languages helpful
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a global team, and to keep focused and deliver under deadline pressure
- Multi-media skills, including video producing and photographing, is a strong advantage
The Tech Correspondent will be based either in New York or San Francisco.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for US Correspondent - Tech, South China Morning Post - NY / CA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly