Reporter, Citywire USA - NY
Citywire provides no-nonsense, impartial financial and business news, data and research for professional investors and advisers around the world.
We publish news, analysis and unique portfolio manager performance information that helps our readers make the best decisions about where to place their clients’ money.
And we do it all with a great deal of style. We create beautiful magazines and indispensable websites and we hold great events all around the world from Bangkok to Montevideo and many places in between.
We started out in 1999 and there are now around 200 of us – most of us in Vauxhall, London where we’re surrounded by nice pubs and green spaces and served by superb transport links.
The rest of us are in fast- growing offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Milan and Munich. No matter which office you are in it’s a fun place to work.
The New York office is our latest and fastest-growing outpost. Based in Midtown Manhattan, it has doubled in staff numbers in the last two years and we plan to grow even more in 2017.
We launched our newest magazine and website in September last year and are looking for intelligent, outgoing journalists to help us build on this success.
Reporting to the Citywire USA Editor, your role will involve working both online and in print. This will involve building contacts in the asset management business and breaking news stories as well as writing features and profile interviews.
To be successful you will demonstrate a strong willingness to work the phones and go on regular face-to-face meetings to develop strong relationships with industry professionals.
- Writing daily news stories on the US wealth and asset management industries.
- Writing features and profile interviews for our biweekly magazine.
- Building new contacts and establishing good sources.
- Travelling across the USA to meet key people and attending events.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Qualification in journalism or some experience as a reporter
- Excellent writing skills – please include examples of work
- Strong source-development skills
- A basic understanding of financial markets would be advantageous
What we offer you:
- 15 days paid vacation, plus federal holidays per year
- After completion of 90 day probation: Access to Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Option to join 401k Retirement Plan – Citywire will contribute a like for like % to the plan up to 3%. E.g. if you contribute 2% then Citywire will match the 2%
- Access to Corporate Membership of New York Health & Racquet Club - 110 West 56th Street, Ave of Americas -nyhrc.com - Citywire contribution $40, employee contribution $43
Click 'Apply' now.
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.