Senior Video Journalist, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a creative and highly talented senior video journalist to join our team in creating deeply informative and engaging visual storytelling.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in shooting and editing, managing in studio, field shoots and a project from ideation to publishing - with the ability to conceive and execute on finding the heart of a story and then telling it effectively for our audience.
- Ideate own stories and see through to completion, project managing all aspects of the production
- Ability to script and develop a story
- 5+ years experience in producing video content from start to finish managing all aspects of production
- 5+ years experience in a premium news environment
- Experience shooting (Preference given to those with experience using Canon C100s and Sony cameras, including FS7 and FS5)
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Preference will be given to candidates with a journalism degree and with experience managing a team
- Documentary experience is a plus
- Must have strong interest and understanding of the news and complex news stories
You should be a self-starting idea generator who can tell engaging stories with footage captured in the field, studio or interviews. Your reel should demonstrate vision and versatility. An interest in creating new video series and templates is a plus.
Strong preference will be given to those who can display skills as an expert shooter or editor, create well-designed motion graphics and think out of the box about mobile video formats.
Minimum of five examples of video work that you have ideated, and produced yourself are mandatory for consideration.
Click 'Apply' now. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.