Chicago Health Care Reporter, POLITICO Pro - IL
1 day left
- Full Time
POLITICO Pro is looking for an experienced reporter based in the Chicago area to join our expanding health policy team.
The ideal candidate will combine health policy expertise and a passion for politics with an insatiable drive to scoop the competition about how state and federal health policy affects consumers, insurers and health care providers. Candidates should be able to write clearly and accurately on deadline.
What You'll Do:
- Cover health care policy in Illinois and the surrounding states, including developments in Obamacare, Medicaid and Medicare, and how those interconnect with state and federal politics.
- Build a beat and write quick, breaking news items and broader conceptual and trend stories.
What You'll Need:
- Proven experience in covering health care policy and politics at the professional level
- Established ability to write clearly and accurately on deadline
- Versatility and organization
- Proven ability to break news and handle a demanding, fast-moving reporting job
Click 'Apply' now.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.