Politics Editor, Newsweek - NY / DC
6 days left
- Full Time
Newsweek is looking for an experienced, digitally-savvy editor in New York or Washington to oversee our coverage of politics and national security, including news, analysis and features.
This is primarily a digital position, but there are plenty of opportunities to edit and write for the magazine. The ideal candidate is obsessed with politics and really understands how Washington works.
- Assigning and line-editing daily stories for politics and national security for the web
- Managing a team of up to 15 writers in Washington, California and New York
- Writing SEO and social-friendly headlines
- Coordinating with editors in New York, London and Los Angeles to avoid overlap and assure quality coverage
- Cultivating a network of freelancers to help with the web and magazine
- Working with magazine editors on story ideas and assignments
- Communicating with our video, photo and social media teams to ensure robust multimedia offerings and widespread distribution
- Planning long term coverage, including events such as elections and debates that often take place during off hours
Must have 5 to 10 years relevant experience.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Politics Editor, Newsweek - NY / DC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly