Senior Politics Writer, Newsweek - NY
Newsweek is looking for a Senior Politics Writer with a record of breaking news, holding government officials accountable and filing beautifully written stories that make us excited about journalism.
The ideal candidate is:
- A news hound who also knows when to ignore the 24-hour news cycle and chase the story no one else is on.
- S/he has a strong understanding of how campaigns and government work, can identify important stories before they go national and can juggle deeply reported stories with fast reporting and analysis as needed.
- This reporter wants to force changes in local and federal laws, inform the electorate, and beat the competition.
- At least five years of political journalism experienced is preferred.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as news breaks, and to write both for the magazine and the website.
This job is ideally based in New York City, but we are willing to consider candidates in Washington.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Senior Politics Writer, Newsweek - NY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly