Associate Editor, Digital Insurance - NY
5 days left
- Full Time
Digital Insurance, a SourceMedia brand, is the information and marketing resource for senior executives leading the digital transformation of the insurance industry. Digital Insurance provides analysis and news, research and data, and live events.
We are currently seeking an Associate Editor to join our team. In this role the Associate Editor will research, report and write news and feature articles. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for preparing newsletters for distribution, maintaining the Digital Insurance homepage as well as contributing to brand’s social media efforts.
The Associate Editor will be charged with covering industry beats, staying on top of industry developments, and cultivating and maintaining working relationships with analysts, readers and digital insurance technology vendors.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with editor to identify stories.
- Research and write daily news analysis.
- Research and write two features a month.
- Research, write and create slideshows.
- When necessary, copyedit and proof content, including freelance, contributed and staff-written articles.
- Create social media posts on a daily basis.
- Work with editor on daily and weekly-newsletters.
- Post content to the website.
- Create podcasts and videos as needed.
- Act as backup to editor for web seminars.
- Meet with vendors in office as time permits.
- Represent Digital Insurance at SourceMedia conferences and other industry events.
- Solid reporting and editing skills
- Project management skills
- Experience with content management systems
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, (HTML and Photoshop a plus).
- College degree in journalism, English or a related field.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please click 'Apply' to send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
SourceMedia, is a business-to-business digital marketing services, subscription information, and event company serving senior-level professionals in the financial, technology and healthcare sectors. Brands include American Banker, PaymentsSource, The Bond Buyer, Financial Planning, Accounting Today, Mergers & Acquisitions, National Mortgage News, Employee Benefit News and Health Data Management.
For more information about SourceMedia please visit our website: sourcemedia.com.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.