Digital Visuals Editor, WSJ. Magazine - NY
3 days left
- Full Time
WSJ. Magazine is currently seeking a digital visuals editor to work closely with the digital director, creative director and photography director to produce and design digital content.
WSJ. Magazine is a creative, collaborative and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of photography, experience commissioning and editing both photographers and videographers, digital design skills and superb attention to detail. An understanding of and a passion for luxury lifestyle content, from fashion to travel, food to architecture is a major plus.
- Work closely with digital director to assign original photography, conduct photo research, and edit and produce visuals for original online content
- Develop new ideas and franchises for web only content based on visual storytelling
- Maintain visual standards of digital brand in harmony with the print magazine’s aesthetic
- Work creatively and efficiently to produce visually compelling content within budget
- Crop and resize visuals for web usage
- Identify potential legal problems with online content and work with in-house counsel to resolve
- 3+ years experience commissioning photographers and videographers, photo research and production
- Ability to cultivate relationships with freelance photographers and produce shoots from concept to completion
- Experience managing and meeting editorial budgets
- Extremely organized and able to meet daily deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and SocialFlow; strong experience with content management systems
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).