Digital Director, WSJ. Magazine - NY
3 days left
- Full Time
WSJ. Magazine is currently seeking a digital director to work closely with the editor-in-chief, creative director and managing editor to launch and scale a digital-first iteration of the magazine.
WSJ. Magazine is a creative, collaborative and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will have experience managing an editorial staff, recruiting freelancers, conceiving and assigning stories, managing budgets and growing a digital audience. An understanding of and a passion for luxury lifestyle content, from fashion to travel, food to architecture is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be have experience growing a team and a familiarity with working on editorial events.
- Work closely with editor-in-chief to launch original digital content and grow a digital audience
- Establish digital visual vocabulary in sync with the magazine’s aesthetic
- Develop new ideas and franchises for web-only content based on visual storytelling
- Grow and manage digital team, establish measures of success and report on KPIs
- Oversee the website’s production schedule, assign stories, top-edit all copy
- Assign and recruit writers, negotiate writer contracts
- Coordinate with various digital departments to maximize reach and audience (including but not limited to video, audio, social media, subscription conversions and audience engagement)
- Act as primary point-of-contact for any magazine digital projects
- Strategize on digital coverage of tentpole magazine events
- Identify potential legal problems with online content, work with in-house counsel to resolve
- Liaise with internal magazine team to leverage print content for online
- Maintain Journal standards and ethics as they extend online
- 5+ years of digital editing experience, with experience in a management role and team-building
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across several teams
- Experience growing a digital audience across multiple platforms
- Strong editorial judgment about content and its accuracy, tone and organization
- Strong judgment about visuals and photography
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Extremely organized, ability to set and enforce daily deadlines
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills that inspire passion, dedication and excellence from others
- Strong, successful experience managing and meeting editorial budgets
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).