Digital Editor, Harper’s Bazaar Arabia - Dubai
This is an exciting opportunity to relocate to Dubai and work with one of the region's largest media companies!
ITP Media Group, the leading magazine publisher in the Middle East is looking for an ambitious and talented Digital Editor to drive, manage and lead the online and social media presentation of the key and secondary Harper’s Bazaar brands (five in total) plus Best Dressed special edition, across web for desktop and mobile platforms, also working in collaboration with Marketing and Editorial and reporting to the Publishing Director.
Harper’s Bazaar Arabia Group:
The group of titles includes three key brands across 360 platforms; magazines, online, social media and events, as well as two secondary brands and additional special editions:
- Harper's Bazaar Arabia – the region’s leading luxury fashion and beauty publication
- Harper’s Bazaar Interiors – a bi-monthly publication with a focus on luxury interiors and design
- Harper’s Bazaar Art – a quarterly consumer ART publication for the Middle East market
- Harper’s Bazaar Bride – a bi-annual publication which is sold stand alone to the magazine in May and November
- Harper’s Bazaar Junior – a bi-annual publication which is bagged with the April and October issues of the magazine
- Harper’s Bazaar Qatar – a bi-annual publication created specifically for the Qatar market (all content localised) sold in April and October
- Arabic Language Edition – each year we publish two special editions in the Arabic Language
- Harper’s Bazaar Best Dressed – annual special edition which is bagged with the March issue
- The Website launched in December 2015 encompassing all of the content pillars and brand extensions harpersbazaararabia.com
- To work closely with the teams across the entire Bazaar brand portfolio, which includes, but is not limited to, ART, Interiors, Junior, Bride, Qatar, The Arabic Edition and Best Dressed, as well as events and marketing, to ensure that each is being presented to its full digital potential, and leading them into thinking about digital representation at every editorial, marketing and commercial opportunity.
- To develop a digital editorial strategy and editorial calendar with a schedule and guidelines that everyone is working to.
- To manage the workload and upload process of HarpersBazaarArabia.com on a daily basis, and its relevant social media platforms (currently 14 separate accounts across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Help source and manage freelance media specialists for key digital projects such as Bazaar TV.
- To oversee and create bespoke regional online content for the site, as well as manage syndication of digital content from other Bazaar territories.
- Confidence to take the initiative and work with a small team and be prepared to work long hours to reach tight editorial and commercial deadlines when needed
- A working knowledge of basic content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress and/or Drupal is essential. A fair knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is preferable.
- To respect the editorial integrity and international guidelines of the brands when producing online content.
- To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle East and the pressures of the current climate.
- To work closely with Hearst Media International HQ in NYC, and leverage on the resource and team in place, as well as working in line with their international brand guidelines, and managing necessary approvals on local content from international Hearst offices, e.g. cover stories for web.
Additional skills required:
- Creative flair that continually produces engaging stories for users / readers
- Structured, scheduled content management
- Brand and product development to support digital projects
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain high attention to detail
- Sensitivity to the specific requirements and cultural considerations presented by this region
- A very good understanding of media and the media market place, but not defined by it, and most definitely able to think outside its traditional parameters
- The understanding that to survive in the current market, Harper’s Bazaar is to be perceived as a brand supported by various products and platforms rather than simply a magazine supported by website
The type of candidate who will be successful in this role is someone who understands media as a whole, but is specifically experienced in digital launches and must have a minimum of two years' experience at Digital Editor level on a product, title or brand focussed on women’s luxury lifestyle or fashion.
Crucially, they must be flexible and have a can-do, positive attitude which shows they are respectful, responsible and dedicated, and by default demonstrate passion, brand understanding and leadership.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, proactive, and tenacious and likes to work in a multicultural environment. The individual needs to be accountable, socially smart, savvy and inquisitive, and extremely organised, using their own initiative and communication skills – and work well within a small, talented team.
Reporting to the Digital Content Director, the Digital Editor will manage a daily upload system that encompasses marketing collateral (newsletters, events and commercial competitions) plus any freelance image/video support required for specific projects or busy periods.
Candidates should appreciate that the role is Dubai and office based however travel on key projects may be required. Official hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm however out of hours work is expected on occasion, making up for quieter periods.
We offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to work on one of the region’s most dynamic brands.
The final package will be determined based on level experience.
Please apply by completing the application form below with a copy of your CV and a cover letter as to why you are the ideal candidate for the job.
Apply for Digital Editor, Harper’s Bazaar Arabia - Dubai
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly